4.12.2009

block city

here are the soft blocks, put together from my stack of fabrics from thursday. i finished them friday night. they came together nicely, and i'm quite happy with how they turned out. my fabric stash has leaned towards more girlie prints since d was born last year. i can't help it, pink  + orange are just so fantastic together! anyhow, with that in mind, i had fun picking out these gender neutral fabrics to make blocks for one wee baby who will enter the world an day now. and of course, a couple extra sets for my shop. soon.




i really like making these blocks personalized with the baby's initials, but i think the abc theme is nice, too. i'm all about applique these days, so the blocks don't leave my sewing machine unadorned. what do you think? more pics are on my flickr.

1 comment:

Marie Wyatt said...

i love them. those fabrics are amazing. your shop's going to be a hit!