8.16.2011

summer smidgey blankets


i've been a bit busy lately, between sewing + summer + vacation + life, and haven't had the chance to catch up on posting my work. here are a few blankets that i've made this summer so far. i've mentioned it before, but i just love working on my custom smidgey blankets. each one is different from the last, fun colours, applique images, sweet names. all ready to be sent off to a special tiny person whom i hope will love and cherish it for many years to come.



addison's sunny lion and beckett's cute little owl were special requests made by my customers. both were asked to be in a specific style, and i think they turned out quite nicely. i have had the pleasure of working with some pretty amazing customers, who have fun nursery colour palettes and themes to work with. i feel lucky to have such great people coming my way!

::::::

on to a little shop news. please excuse me for chatting a bit about the holidays {yup, here we are in mid-august, and i'm thinking about the c-word} but i have to be thinking ahead!

I'm going to be taking a break from custom orders for all of september and october while i prepare for my holiday craft shows. I will have to focus solely on amassing stock {mainly for the One of a Kind Show mid-december} so unfortunately something's got to give! I'll keep my shop open with a good selection of ready-made items, so there will be lots to choose from in the meantime. In november, i will be taking a small number of custom requests for holiday gifts, but there will be limited availability. I know it's early to be thinking this way, but if you've got a smidgey blanket or a set of custom fabric buckets or stockings in mind for holiday gifts, it might be a good idea to let me know as soon as possible so that i can reserve a space!

No comments: